And a new reason to love it just hit me yesterday: SKIN!
Summer provides so many great opportunities to physically connect with my little ones!
- the hot little hand that slides into mine as we walk
- the sweaty baby head that rests on my bare shoulder
- the cold-wet, just-out-of-the-pool little body that throws herself onto my lap
- the soft arms that wrap around my back when I offer a piggy-back ride during a too-long walk
- Julian's cool feet that rest on my bare thigh when I curl up beside him at night
- the swimsuit-clad body that jumps off the edge of the pool into my arms
- Holly's silky hair as I braid it
- the tight little back as I push her higher and higher on the swing
- the dripping daughters who need a big towel after playing in the rain