Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Joyful Summer Days

So here we are on Canada Day. When I look at this picture I can't believe how BIG the kids are getting. And yet they are all still my babies.


The amount of drawing that goes on at this house is unbelievable. My friends who have children of similar ages are ASTOUNDED by the volume of art produced by Anna and Holly, as well as the remarkable focus and enjoyment demonstrated by both girls. It is not uncommon for them to spend as much as 4 hours in a day at the table with their markers, pencil crayons, drawing pads and colouring books. They view 'drawing' and 'colouring' as being the same activity, but I make a distinction between them because colouring inside the lines of a picture in a colouring book is not really the same as drawing their own pictures.


And how do they constantly come up with new ideas for their pictures? I have asked them, and they respond that every game they play or book they read gives them new ideas. I'm pretty impressed. Even Jasmine sits and draws or colours for up to 30 minutes at a time. She's a good little copy-cat!! And her fine motor skills are remarkable for a 2 1/2 year old.
Hopefully this week I'll be able to post photos and details of the newest member of our family. My patience in the final days of pregnancy tends to wear a little thin, but the baby and I are both doing great. And I am delighting in these happy summer days with Partner-Guy and our daughters. We are very fortunate to have two uninterrupted months of freedom and joy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment