Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Stats

My oldest daughter, Anna,  is almost seven  years old and as her birthday approaches I've been thinking about what my life has been like since her birth.

Here are some interesting numbers I've been pondering:
  • I was pregnant for 37 of the past 93 months.
  • Out of those 37 months of pregnancies, I breastfed for 22 of them.
  • I have been breastfeeding for 79 of the past 84 months.
  • In the past 8 years, everytime I've ovulated, I've conceived.
  • I've never had a 2-year-old in the house without also having a baby in my arms.
  • I haven't slept beside Partner-Guy in over 3 years.
  • 9 months after the birth of my 4th child, I weigh 10 lbs more than I did before my first pregnancy, but I wear the same size jeans.
Do you have any interesting statistics from your years as a mom?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your oldest and Happy Birthing Day to you!

    This is a fun idea. Let's see if I can figure mine out on the fly (I may be off here & there):
    I was pregnant for 35 of the past 67 months.
    Out of those 35 months of pregnancies, I breastfed for 25 of them.
    I have been breastfeeding for 57 of the past 67 months.
    In the past 6 years, everytime I've ovulated, I've either conceived or wanted to.
    I've never had a 2-year-old in the house without also having a baby in my arms.
    I have slept beside Partner-Guy almost every night (along with the kids.)
    9 months after the birth of my anyeth child, I weigh (expletive removed) lbs more than I did before my first pregnancy, but I wear the same size jeans-yes, how's that work? Is it some lbs of brain lost ratio?

    ReplyDelete